The following are a few issues that will NOT qualify a person for a microblading procedure:
– Is currently pregnant
– Has cancer and is undergoing chemotherapy or radiation
– Is taking steroid medication or prednisone (off for at least 2 months)
– Has a visible open wound
– Has very aged skin that is extremely thin or severely wrinkled
– Has a bacterial or viral infection
Please check the following with your doctor before having a microblading procedure:
– Have diabetes
– Have been in remission from cancer for 1 year
– Have high blood pressure
– Using blood thinning prescriptions
– Have seborrhoeic dermatitis
The following procedures must be avoided 4 weeks before the microblading procedure:
– No Botox or Chemical Peels of any kind: these include Glycolic, Pumpkin, Alpha Hydroxy Acid, Salicylic Acid, Microdermabrasion, IPL Facials, ablative or non-ablative lasers including Fraxel and CO².
– No Retin-A, Retinol or any anti-aging medical grade treatment system if used every day (stop with them 4 weeks prior and use just over the counter ones)
The following procedures must be avoided 1 week prior to a microblading procedure:
– All blood thinners including Ibuprofen, Advil, Aleve, Naproxen, Motrin, Aspirin, Excedrin, Warfarin, Coumadin, Fish Oil, Vitamin E Oil, Primrose Oil, Multi-vitamins, Fat Burners, Thermogenics, Supplements
– Antibiotics, Iron or Magnesium
– Any mood altering drugs
– If you have pain, take just Tylenol
– Please eat something 20-30 minutes prior to your appointment. This keeps your blood sugar steady and helps you to be more comfortable and less sensitive.
– Avoid any form of caffeine 2-3 hours prior to your appointment. Caffeine is a stimulant and will heighten your sensitivity.
– If you are required to take antibiotics before dental procedures, please follow the same instructions from your doctor before your procedure.
– No working out or alcohol within 24 hours.